Congratulations to Ian Kaisner, our Athlete of the Month for December! Ian, a sophomore at Springfield High School, has a unbelievable work ethic that you don’t often see in anyone, let alone with a sixteen year old. For starters, Ian can often be found at the 5am class before the sun is up. He is also at the gym in the afternoons and on the weekends, completing extra work to better himself as an athlete. It is apparent that Ian is very goal oriented. While others may avoid their weaknesses, Ian attacks them. He has worked hard over the past year to sharpen his high level gymnastics skills, such as the muscle-up and handstand walks. He is often doing extra strength and accessory work in the afternoons as well. This hard work has translated well outside of the gym, as Ian had a fantastic Track and Cross Country season this past year. Ian also competed in his first CrossFit competition this summer with his dad, Daton, and his Uncle, Jim Preckwinkle, at the Summer Knights Showdown at Knights Action Park. Congratulations Ian on your accomplishment, we at C3 are excited to see where your fitness takes you in the future!
1. In general, what is your background?
3. How did you get to know about CrossFit and why did you start?
4. How has CrossFit changed your life, lifestyle, level of fitness?
5. Name one goal and/or personal record you would like to accomplish through CrossFit.
6. Favorite CrossFit moment so far?
7. What is your least favorite WOD to date?
8. What do you like most about Capital City CrossFit?
9. Favorite exercise?
10. Least favorite exercise?
Thrusters are always a common answer to this question, but I actually don’t hate them. My least favorite movement is definitely dumbbell box step overs/step ups onto a 24 inch box. Maybe just because I’m kind of short though.