Congratulations to Danyelle Felchner, C3’s July Athlete of the Month!
1. In general, what is your background?
- I grew up in Chatham and now live in Springfield with my hubby/high school sweetheart and 2 aussie shepherd pups!
- 28, Marketing/Social Media Coordinator at Systemax
3. How did you get to know about CrossFit and why did you start?
- Joe asked if I’d want to try it out with him 2 years ago this month. We were both Beachbody Coaches at the time and were looking for something more. To be honest, I was skeptical, but wanted to find something we could do together. After we were done with On Ramp, I was hooked. I remember asking Brian at the last On Ramp class what time Saturday classes started and he suggested I wait for Monday’s class first 🙂 …and the rest is history!
4. How has CrossFit changed your life, lifestyle, level of fitness?
- I thought I wanted to look good until I felt what it was like to be strong. I have ALWAYS had confidence issues and CrossFit has totally turned around my mindset and redefining the definition of “looking good.” CrossFit has also helped me learn how to move out of my comfort zone and try things I may not have before!
5. Name one goal and/or personal record you would like to accomplish through CrossFit.
- I REALLY want to learn how to handstand walk and compete in the RX Division of a competition.
6. Favorite CrossFit moment so far?
- Competing with Coleen at Ice Breather this year then participating in the Open alongside Joe this season.
7. What is your least favorite WOD to date?
- I don’t have a least favorite WOD. While not every workout has been ideal/easy, I do my best to keep a positive attitude to what has been programmed.
8. What do you like most about Capital City CrossFit?
- I love the way we lift each other up. The camaraderie in the gym is what helps us all finish up the workouts.
9. Favorite movement?
- I enjoy a lot of movements! KB Snatches, Burpees, Snactches, Cleans, Double Unders…… 🙂
10. Least favorite movement?
- Rowing & Deadlifts are not my favorite.